Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
I almost took this test out for this article because we've surpassed the service life of the battery by 2%. When we designed the test, we stated that battery health couldn't drop below 99%. I left the W530 on when I left for South Korea while it was running another SSD through the test. The battery sat completely drained for five days. It was already time to replace the battery since it was at 99% health. The new battery arrives on Monday and we'll update this chart with an accurate report.
If we take into account for the 3% drop in battery health, the 840 EVO with and without RAPID is just an average battery life performer. The reason why I left this test in the review as is was to show that RAPID doesn't adversely affect notebook battery life.
PCMark Vantage HDD Test - Power Draw
I want to note that Samsung quotes power consumption with DIPM enabled. We don't run with the setting enabled since we're testing throughput performance.
The 840 EVO has a very low idle power state, even with DIPM disabled. We expected overall system power consumption to increase with RAPID enabled and SSD power to decrease, but that wasn't the case. Both stayed about the same.
Thermal Test - BETA
Surprisingly, the 840 EVO 250GB ran hotter than the 750GB model under load. The controller reached 84C 10 minutes into an IOmeter 4K aligned benchmark. The flash reached 70.6C in the same test.
At idle, the controller barely breaks 40C with an ambient temperature of 20C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- Halo devs: PC community is very important to us
- Modded Halo Online PC project under fire by Microsoft
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit