Even with WD striking first, with their competing Ultra Slim drive, Seagate has come roaring back with the Laptop Ultrathin. More recently, we have seen manufacturers such as ASUS and Dell jump on the ultrathin bandwagon, choosing Seagate as the supplier.
Furthermore, Seagate's adoption of the standard SATA connector should allow for an ease in transition to 5mm mobile HDD's, and as we look in to the future, I fully expect to see more portable storage solutions from a host of manufacturers to use the Laptop Ultrathin.
Looking into the performance of the Laptop Ultrathin, at first glance we could see where things are a bit doom and gloom. The Laptop Ultrathin does not really stand out as a true performer in any category, but at the same time, it doesn't give up any of the performance we gained in the past.
With this, we have a drive that utilizes the 5mm Z-Height offering the performance of drives that are much larger in the 7mm and 9mm Z-Height arena. Looking back at the charts from previous pages, you will find the Laptop Ultrathin in the mix with all competing drives.
Pricing of the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin in the 500GB capacity is set at $89.99 USD with availability low at the moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Laptop Ultrathin 500GB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series