Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $399.99 at the time of writing, the MSI GTX 770 2GB Twin Frozr OC falls in line with four other GTX 770 2GB video cards at the same price. From there we start to move up a little bit with the most expensive 2GB offering coming in at $449.99, which is the MSI GTX 770 2GB Lightning, the next video card that will be hitting our testbed.
It feels like if you've had a chance to look at our reviews on the MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC or MSI GTX 780 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC, you'll already have a fair idea of just what we think of these new Gaming series based Twin Frozr cards. The MSI GTX 770 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC simply feels the gap.
The Twin Frozr based cards from MSI have never disappointed us and as we go through new generations of the Twin Frozr cooler, and they only get better. We love the move that MSI has made to the new Gaming Series name. We've said it before and we'll say it again - it's nice to see the company have some unity between the motherboard and video card departments.
Comparing the three models against each other, it's really going to come down to price, when deciding which one to buy. If you can afford more than what a GTX 760 costs, look at the GTX 770. Similarly, if you can afford more again, you'll no doubt want to look at the GTX 780.
When it comes to comparing against the competition, it's tough. A lot of it will more than likely come down to brand loyalty and availability, as all the non-reference GTX 770s we've looked at perform extremely well. If you've been on the MSI video card bandwagon for a while now, you can know with confidence that if you're continuing the MSI video card legacy, you won't be disappointed with what's on offer from this solution here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit