MSI Z87I Motherboard
Whenever it comes to ITX boards, it feels like we could just about work off this single picture above and cover everything. Let's move in a little closer, though, and cover everything in detail.
You can see a single PCIe x16 slot. Of course being the only expansion slot, it will run your video card at x16 speed, due to the fact that the likes of SLI aren't an option here.
Moving over to the memory slots, you can see we've just got the typical two DIMM slots present that support up to 16GB of DDR3 memory ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking.
Turning the corner again and looking across the top, you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector. Next to that we've got a USB 3.0 header and a total of four SATA III ports that run of the Intel Z87 chip. You can also see to the left side we've got a mini PCIe wireless card - it's the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 module with 2230BNHMW model number. This particular model supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Intel's Wireless Display technology.
Heading above the SATA ports you can see the main front panel connectors, which are split into two sections. You can also see the CPU power connector which is 4-pin, instead of the normal 8-pin option, which we see on larger boards.
Looking at the CPU area you can see there's not a whole lot to look at thanks to the board of course being quite small. As hard as you think it may be to install some heat sinks, we didn't run into any issues. You can see we've got a small little heat sink to the left side, bolted down. With limited room, though, you can't get anything too crazy going on.
Finishing our look up at the motherboard you can see we've got two USB 2.0 ports, along with a combo PS2 port on the left. Next to this you can see two little grey buttons, the bottom one is for the clear CMOS, while the top one is the GO2BIOS button.
Next we've got a DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-I port for video out options and above that we've got an optical out port to go with the six auxiliary ports, which run off the Realtek ALC892 audio codec. We can see four USB 3.0 ports and two gigabit networking ports to round things off - both LAN ports run off the Realtek 8111G controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada