MSI Z87I Motherboard
Whenever it comes to ITX boards, it feels like we could just about work off this single picture above and cover everything. Let's move in a little closer, though, and cover everything in detail.
You can see a single PCIe x16 slot. Of course being the only expansion slot, it will run your video card at x16 speed, due to the fact that the likes of SLI aren't an option here.
Moving over to the memory slots, you can see we've just got the typical two DIMM slots present that support up to 16GB of DDR3 memory ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking.
Turning the corner again and looking across the top, you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector. Next to that we've got a USB 3.0 header and a total of four SATA III ports that run of the Intel Z87 chip. You can also see to the left side we've got a mini PCIe wireless card - it's the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 module with 2230BNHMW model number. This particular model supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Intel's Wireless Display technology.
Heading above the SATA ports you can see the main front panel connectors, which are split into two sections. You can also see the CPU power connector which is 4-pin, instead of the normal 8-pin option, which we see on larger boards.
Looking at the CPU area you can see there's not a whole lot to look at thanks to the board of course being quite small. As hard as you think it may be to install some heat sinks, we didn't run into any issues. You can see we've got a small little heat sink to the left side, bolted down. With limited room, though, you can't get anything too crazy going on.
Finishing our look up at the motherboard you can see we've got two USB 2.0 ports, along with a combo PS2 port on the left. Next to this you can see two little grey buttons, the bottom one is for the clear CMOS, while the top one is the GO2BIOS button.
Next we've got a DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-I port for video out options and above that we've got an optical out port to go with the six auxiliary ports, which run off the Realtek ALC892 audio codec. We can see four USB 3.0 ports and two gigabit networking ports to round things off - both LAN ports run off the Realtek 8111G controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit