Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K DQ16.
Anvil Storage Utilities is not officially available yet but we've been playing with the beta for several months now. The author, Anvil on several international forums has been updating the software steadily and is adding new features every couple of months.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Compressible and incompressible data works the same way on the Crucial M500 series.
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The M500 240GB reaches 84K read IOPS in our 4K read test at QD32, but we want to talk about the low queue depth performance, since most of us rarely hit high queue depths.
At QD1, the M500 240GB achieves 7111 IOPS and that nearly doubles at QD2. Aside from the Corsair Neutron GTX, these are the lowest numbers QD1 and QD2 numbers on the chart.
Scaling Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Just like the 120GB model, the C500 240GB nearly reaches peak write IOPS performance at QD2. Oddly enough, Vector 256GB is the only drive to outperform the M500 240GB at QD1 and QD2 writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- STALKER 2 will NOT have battle royale, possibly ray tracing
- A new NVIDIA Shield TV teased, is this the SUPER Shield TV?
- Huawei follows Samsung in delaying its Mate X foldable phone
- Google teases Pixel 4 smartphone, ups the camera ante
- Stadia is a game-changer for multiplayer, Google says
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Lenovo Flex 6-14IBK (Kaby Lake-R) Laptop Review
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- 'Warhammer: Vermintide 2' Deluxe Edition Available Now At Retail Stores For PlayStation 4 And Xbox One
- Resonate on the hunt for the UK's next YouTube sensation
- Seeds of Resilience is out now on a 1.0 Release and a 20% discount
- Insurgency: Sandstorm - Six more months of free content on PC announced in new roadmap
- Defeat Your Rivals and Celebrate Victory with the F1 2019 TV Advert