Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The Crucial m4 did very good in the notebook battery life test, but the M500 120GB is a step in the wrong direction. The M500 delivered 265 minutes in our Lenovo W530 with a six-cell battery.
PCMark Vantage HDD Test - Power Draw
Recording the power during a PCMark Vantage HDD test, we see why the battery life test yielded the results it did. On the far left, just as the test starts, we see the power at idle. We can't really call it idle though because the M500 appears to be cleaning up the flash with its garbage collection scheme. The drive never gets into a lower power state during our trace test like some of the other drives.
Thermal Test - BETA
This is another next generation benchmark that we're sliding into this review. At this time, it's still beta and needs a little work, mainly a mount and platform for consistent images.
Like the Seagate 600 and a few other SSDs on the market, the M500 has a thermal protection mode that will slow the drive down to keep the temperate down. We don't know at what temperature this mode engages, but the drive doesn't get nearly as hot as the Seagate 600.
At idle we measured the controller at 46.9C and that rose to 64.4C at load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit