Inside the Air 540
Now that the panel is out of the way and we aren't trying to look through the reflection of the window, it is much easier to see what is going on inside the chassis. The only thing I want to cover at this point is the plain brown box sitting in the hot-swap HDD bay on the floor, as it contains all the hardware.
Behind the front of the chassis is the pair of 140mm fans to push loads of air into this compartment of the chassis. One thing to plan ahead for is that all three fans in this chassis use 3-pin connectors, and there are no adapters sent along in the kit.
The roof of the chassis offers a large cut-out area. This allows customers to have the option to install a pair of 120mm or 140mm fans, many of the AIO's on the market, as well as custom water cooling. Also notice how far it is from the top of the chassis to the stand-offs - plenty of room for a radiator.
The motherboard tray can take anything up to an Extended ATX motherboard, it offers nine management holes, eight of which have grommets in them, and it also offers five tie points. There is also an extremely large access hole to accommodate sockets on the EATX boards.
The floor of the chassis has four large slots to allow for an inflow of air, but this area is used for the hot-swap bays. There are plastic slide-out trays that you can install either a 2.5" or 3.5" drive into, and plug it in via the back planes at the back.
The rear of the chassis is well ventilated to allow air to escape anywhere it can, and there is the third fan of the set, this 140mm exhaust fan. You can also see that the expansion slot covers use thumb screws to secure the covers and expansion cards.
Behind the motherboard tray is where things get unusual. At the top left are the ODD bays, with a bunch of room next to it. The lower half offers a large area to the left where the wiring enters, but to the right is the four bay storage rack and where the PSU installs.
A closer look at the pair of 5.25" bays that are tipped on edge shows that they even come with tool-free latches. It was at this point that I also noticed I need to remove more of the front panel, because these bays are removable.
Spinning things around 180 degrees you can now get a closer view of the four bay stack for the 2.5" drives. Beyond that is the PSU area and you can see the support plates mounted to the floor. The one on the right is adjustable to help lock and support the PSU inside of the chassis.
The chassis wiring varies greatly depending on what it is for, and this saves some wire managing too. The top left corner shows the short F_Panel connections, moves to the USB 3.0, and offers a really long HD Audio cable. The other four wires come from the hot-swap bays for power and SATA connection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- The current cables will fit the vast majority of motherboards on the market. To accommodate additional motherboard layouts we have extended the cable length by 6 inches. These will ship in future cases and will also be available as a replacement kit for existing customers in August. Customers that require the longer cable kit can contact Corsair technical support.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Ti: Ethereum Mining Results
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- MMA Team Manager is Coming Soon
- Lian Li Introduces LANCOOL ONE White Edition
- Fire Up Those Jetpacks as Armajet Blasts Its Way Onto Android & Steam Early Access
- Steins; Gate Elite releases February 19th 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch
- Snake vs Snake launches today on Nintendo Switch