Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 is like nothing I have ever had my hands on before. While mostly steel in internal construction, they have creatively used ABS plastic and steel mesh to give this wide body cube some very attractive styling. This chassis is 415mm tall, shorter than a full-tower chassis, is an astounding 332mm wide, and is 458mm in depth. This design in short, is much like if you had taken two mid-tower cases and attached them. This allows a full separation of the motherboard and its attached components on one side of the tray, while the other contains everything else you want to install.
The chassis can house boards from Mini-ITX on up to E-ATX and offers eight expansion slots in the back. It offers two 3.5" drive trays on the floor with back planes, and also offers a rack in the back to house four 2.5" drives as well. There is room for a pair of 5.25" devices, but since they are turned on edge, a bay reservoir may be out of the question. Just under the ODD bays you are offered two USB ports along with the HD Audio jacks for front panel connectivity.
Cooling this chassis is a trio of AF140L 140mm fans. One is placed in the rear of the motherboard compartment as the exhaust, while the other two are in the front behind a dust filter used as the case intake. There is also room in the roof of the chassis for a pair of 140mm fan as well, but that isn't all. Each of the 140mm fan locations will also take a 120mm fan as well. Then there is the fact, that without all the extra clutter, you can easily install thick radiators in the top as well as down the front of the chassis, and you can also hang a single radiator in the rear of the chassis. Even with the chassis coming out of the box with just three fans, with all the ventilation offered in this design, I have a feeling you will be fine running the chassis as-is, but it is nice to have so many cooling options in this design.
With a case design that is so new and fresh, there usually is quite a bit of cost involved with the new tooling and stamps needed to produce the new chassis. I am really glad to see that Corsair is able to not only produce something in this manner, but it doesn't seem that they are passing much of that cost on to the customers. While supply is limited to a few locations as I write this, the $139.99 pricing I am seeing everywhere is a great price for the chassis that is delivered.
That being said, I think you still really need to see this case for yourself, and you will see how easy it is to like, desire, and just how easy of a decision it is to walk this to the counter or add it to your cart online.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- The current cables will fit the vast majority of motherboards on the market. To accommodate additional motherboard layouts we have extended the cable length by 6 inches. These will ship in future cases and will also be available as a replacement kit for existing customers in August. Customers that require the longer cable kit can contact Corsair technical support.
Latest News Posts
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms