Taking a look at the card we really don't see anything too out of the usual when looking at it against the recently reviewed MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC. We've again got the excellent Twin Frozr IV cooler that we saw on that video card and we've also again got the new black and red color scheme, which is part of the new Gaming Series.
You can see two large fans make up the cooler along with a massive heatsink behind them. Looking closer you can see we've got a number of heat pipes coming out the bottom that can be seen going through the heatsink. We'll have to wait and see if the cooler performs as well here on the GTX 780, as it did on the mid-range GTX 760.
You can see a typical GTX 780 setup which sees a single 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connector, while closer to the front you can see two SLI connectors. Being the GTX 780 means that we're able to run up to four of these cards off the two SLI connectors.
Finishing our look at the card you can see in the I/O department we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with that you can see we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round connectivity off. You can also see the top half is taken up by a vent to let some of the hot air escape out the back of your case.
Out of the box the reference GTX 780 comes in with a core clock of 863MHz which is pushed to 900MHz via Boost. As for the 3GB of GDDR5, that carries a 6008MHz QDR clock. While MSI have left the memory clock alone like most companies, they have pushed the core up to 902MHz, which is then pushed even higher again to 954MHz via Boost.
Because we've already looked at a couple of GTX 780s, we're today taking the chance to overclock the MSI offering and see just what we're able to get out of it. Looking above you can see we managed to push the core up to 1020MHz, which is then pushed higher again to 1072MHz via Boost.
As for the 3GB of GDDR5, we managed to push that up to 6600MHz QDR. This is a strong overclock and should yield some strong performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top