The File Server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80% read and 20% write distribution.
The HGST takes a clear lead in this workload, with an average of 81,802 IOPS at QD256, the Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 64,151 IOPS at QD256, well above the 45,736 IOPS mustered by the Optimus.
The HGST provides 18,961,536 I/Os (77.51%) at 2-4ms, 3,324,034 I/Os (13.58%) in the 4-6ms range, and 2,169,411 I/Os (8.86%) at 1-2ms.
The SSD800MM averages 4.91 Watts in steady state, much lower than the other SSDs in the test pool.
The HGST averages 16,709 IOPS per Watt, well above the competing SSDs.
The Emailserver profile is a very demanding 8K test with a 50% read and 50% write distribution. This application is indicative of the performance of the solution in heavy write workloads.
The HGST once again exhibits class-leading performance in this write-intensive test, with 47,124 IOPS at QD256.
The HGST provides 48.25% of I/O's at 4-6ms, 24.25% of I/O's in the 6-8ms range, 20.62% at 2-4ms, and 5.16% at 8-10ms.
The HGST averages 6.52 Watts during the measurement window.
The SSD800MM averaged an outstanding 16,709 IOPS per Watt; again well above the competing solutions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit