Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The MyDigitalSSD BP4 spans a very wide capacity range, maybe the largest we've seen to date. There are five capacity sizes starting with 60GB and ending at 960GB. These are overprovisioned capacity sizes, the 960GB model we're looking at today actually has 1024MB of flash under the cover.
MyDigitalSSD is very loose with the stated performance numbers - everything measured is in maximum performance figures. The new flash from both IMFT and Flash Forward puts the sweet spot in the 256GB and 512GB class range with the smaller and higher capacity sizes dropping off some. The 960GB BP4 we're looking at today drops off a little more than we expected. This is due to the amount of DRAM on the drive.
MyDigitalSSD used the same DRAM buffer on the 960GB that is on the 240GB and 480GB. At 1024MB, that's a massive amount of table data to keep track of and the larger the buffer, the more of that data can be inventoried faster.
The prices listed on the chart are MSRP. At the time of writing, they do not represent the true cost of ownership for any of the sizes listed. We found the current prices at MyDigitalDiscount.com, MyDigitalSSD's e-tail channel. The new BP4 prices are as follows - 60GB ($59.99), 120GB ($97.99), 240GB ($174.99), 480GB ($349.99) and 960GB ($799.99). If you caught my article published last week, The Great SSD Flash Shortage of 2013 - EOL 25nm, the Pain and the Future, then you know flash and SSDs prices are on the upswing. I'm not saying that MyDigital's price are going to increase, just that there is a really good chance for it to happen. Since nearly every other SSD has already increased, the BP4 product line is at a very good spot right now.
MyDigitalSSD offers a three year warranty on the BP4 product line, but the drive ships without an accessory package. Given the low prices, if you need a desktop adapter bracket or other accessories, you have a lot of wiggle room before getting to the $1 per GB area on most of the capacity sizes.
Officially the BP4 is now part of the new product line called Slim 7 Series. This refers to the new 7mm z-height package for ultrabooks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 960GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series