Inside the Chaser A71
Panels off, the Chaser A71 interior is now in full view. At the bottom of the motherboard tray you will see the wiring is all tied up, and there is an adapter plate and instructions tied to the tray there as well. As for the hardware, you need to look no further than the top HDD tray.
There are three 5.25" bays with the tool-free clips installed to easily and securely install those devices. The bottom slot has a removable 3.5" adapter in it, and with screws, you can still use it for 5.25" devices as well.
Below the ODD rack you will find the storage rack that offers five slide-out trays. The sides on the front of the tray squeeze together to release them and will click when it is properly back in the rack. The steel sides have large oval holes to help allow airflow into the chassis from the 200mm fan behind these.
Inside the roof of this chassis you can see there are all sorts of holes for fan mounting and there is this clear 200mm fan installed. Officially the chassis only supports a 240mm radiator up here, but I can see it to be pretty easy to modify this to fit a 280mm radiator as well.
The motherboard tray is designed to hold Micro-ATX and ATX motherboards using the five holes with grommets in them. If you plan to use an E-ATX motherboard, you will be using the three to the right without the grommets. You also get a large access hole and plenty of places to tie up the wiring.
The power supply will set on the thin shelf at the back and the front is then supported with the large steel bumps. In front of that you can install a 120mm or 140mm fan as long as the PSU wiring will allow for it.
The 120mm fan in the back of the chassis uses a 3-pin connection for power as do the front and top fans that you see through the access hole. The expansion slot covers under it are held in place with thumb screws, and will be very secure for expansion card mounting.
Behind the motherboard tray you have roughly 15mm of clearance at the shallowest spot, but with the bump out in the door panel, you have near 40mm of space to bundle the wiring. I see no conceivable issues with the wire management offerings found here to have any sort of mess when the build is done.
Of course there are the fan leads, as well as the Molex plug for the HDD dock, but the main wiring you will attach to the board come sleeved black to help hide them. Here we have the power, reset, HDD activity, and those wires along with the Native USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HD Audio connections.
Since the front bezel does not need removed to remove the bay covers I set it aside, along with the top mesh panel. You see that the front I/O panel stays with the chassis, and you get a look at the installed fans as well as some of the possibilities you have to change things for water cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA