Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $259.99 at the time of writing, the MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC hits at an awesome price point. It's only $10 more than the suggested price that NVIDIA announced when the new model launched. You can see, though, that the model is really leaps and bounds better than the reference design.
Move away from the overclocking and the gaming performance for the moment and look just at the Twin Frozr IV cooler. You can see in typical MSI fashion they've really put a wonderful product together. The cooler looks great and you can see when we overclocked as high as we did, we still managed to get a video card that operated 11c cooler than the reference card.
The new black and red color scheme also looks fantastic. MSI have put together a fan that not only looks good, but performs exceptionally well in all the key areas.
Of course overclocking is one of the highlights and you can see that the effort that MSI has put into the card helps make a real difference when it comes to the overclocking side of things. The reference card managed to push the core clock up to 1155MHz from the 1105MHz that we saw out of the reference card.
1105MHz is of course a very strong overclock from the default 980MHz. But when you combine the even higher clock we got from the MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC with the Boost clock, you can see some really awesome performance gains that equate to over 10% when compared to the overclocked reference card and gains of over 20% when compared to the reference card at its stock clocks.
MSI really came out swinging with the GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC. Its addition to the new Gaming Series is fantastic and we're really looking forward to seeing more video cards fall into this new category in the coming months. If you're on the hunt for a new GTX 760, this is one you should be looking at for sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus Epic Store exclusivity deal made lots of money
- Next Call of Duty isn't called MW4, just Modern Warfare
- Tom Hanks says Toy Story 4 has an 'emotional' series ending
- Dauntless gains 500,000 players in 1 day, 4 million in total
- Mutant Year Zero new DLC 'Seed of Evil' adds new character
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer