Taking it to the MAX
- First Glance
When first looking at the box of the motherboard, it follows that very clean layout as seen on the IC7-G. Once you open the box you notice how nice the layout of the box is. Separated into three sections, we have two individual boxes and the motherboard itself - everything has a nice place for itself.
- The Contents
When getting within the box you notice just how much the MAX 3 comes with. Of course you get your normal CDs, floppy disk and manual but you also receive a lot of Serial ATA cables, some Rounded IDE cables as well as a Rounded Floppy Cable and finally you also receive what ABIT call SecureIDE.
- Secure IDE
Secure IDE is one of the latest features to be seen in the new MAX range of ABIT motherboards and is designed to help keep your hard drive at its most secure. Using a special key and a simple daughter board that plugs into the back of your IDE hard drive you instantly get the support for 40 bit DES hardware encryption. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to test this out due to our test beds running Serial ATA drive and the Secure IDE only supporting Parallel ATA. Secure IDE is getting quite well known around the web and it seems that a lot of people running websites that host "illegal software" are using it to protect their hard drives from outside access.
- OTES Cooling
OTES cooling has been used on ABIT's line of graphics cards for quite a while and has become quite well known as one of those coolers that can perform well but at a lower volume. When it comes to overclocking, people prefer as much cooling as possible and this is where the OTES cooling system comes into play. Keeping the area where all the power goes through (next to the processor) cooler, the idea is that you are now eliminating another bottle neck when it comes to overclocking. This combined with the new and improved Northbridge fan, people should be able to get a better overclock out of their systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 3 [Taking it to the MAX]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 4 [Taking it to the MAX Continued]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam