Taking it to the MAX
- First Glance
When first looking at the box of the motherboard, it follows that very clean layout as seen on the IC7-G. Once you open the box you notice how nice the layout of the box is. Separated into three sections, we have two individual boxes and the motherboard itself - everything has a nice place for itself.
- The Contents
When getting within the box you notice just how much the MAX 3 comes with. Of course you get your normal CDs, floppy disk and manual but you also receive a lot of Serial ATA cables, some Rounded IDE cables as well as a Rounded Floppy Cable and finally you also receive what ABIT call SecureIDE.
- Secure IDE
Secure IDE is one of the latest features to be seen in the new MAX range of ABIT motherboards and is designed to help keep your hard drive at its most secure. Using a special key and a simple daughter board that plugs into the back of your IDE hard drive you instantly get the support for 40 bit DES hardware encryption. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to test this out due to our test beds running Serial ATA drive and the Secure IDE only supporting Parallel ATA. Secure IDE is getting quite well known around the web and it seems that a lot of people running websites that host "illegal software" are using it to protect their hard drives from outside access.
- OTES Cooling
OTES cooling has been used on ABIT's line of graphics cards for quite a while and has become quite well known as one of those coolers that can perform well but at a lower volume. When it comes to overclocking, people prefer as much cooling as possible and this is where the OTES cooling system comes into play. Keeping the area where all the power goes through (next to the processor) cooler, the idea is that you are now eliminating another bottle neck when it comes to overclocking. This combined with the new and improved Northbridge fan, people should be able to get a better overclock out of their systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 3 [Taking it to the MAX]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 4 [Taking it to the MAX Continued]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases