The ABIT IC7-MAX3 is a very fast motherboard and we were able to do a lot of testing with it thanks to our recent Dual Channel DDR Roundup which saw us take it up and above to speeds of 250MHz FSB. While during testing we had an engineering sample arrive from Intel, and we were fortunate enough to get into Windows at speeds of 270MHz plus - which says very good things for ABIT's engineering.
If it was the new OTES cooling helping the motherboard overclock or simply the huge amount of VDIMM we were able to pump through, we don't know but whatever it is, ABIT have gone out of their way to produce an absolutely awesome product.
This motherboard isn't for everyone as it does carry quite a hefty price tag when compared to other Canterwood motherboards but for people who simply want the type of performance this product offers, you can't look past it. There is truly no doubting that this is one of the best motherboards on the market right now and you do get what you pay for at the end of the day.
There was a reason we used this motherboard for the Dual Channel Roundup and it was strictly due to its awesome performance. If you're moving over to Intel and can afford to spend the extra dollars, we definitely recommend this motherboard over any other Intel Canterwood based motherboard we have had the chance to test to date.
- Excellent looking motherboard
- Secure IDE
- Over 255 FSB issue gone
- Impressive overclocking
- OTES cooling
- New Northbridge fan design
- Higher memory bandwidth
- Slower then the IC7 at some points
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 3 [Taking it to the MAX]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 4 [Taking it to the MAX Continued]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure