The ABIT IC7-MAX3 is a very fast motherboard and we were able to do a lot of testing with it thanks to our recent Dual Channel DDR Roundup which saw us take it up and above to speeds of 250MHz FSB. While during testing we had an engineering sample arrive from Intel, and we were fortunate enough to get into Windows at speeds of 270MHz plus - which says very good things for ABIT's engineering.
If it was the new OTES cooling helping the motherboard overclock or simply the huge amount of VDIMM we were able to pump through, we don't know but whatever it is, ABIT have gone out of their way to produce an absolutely awesome product.
This motherboard isn't for everyone as it does carry quite a hefty price tag when compared to other Canterwood motherboards but for people who simply want the type of performance this product offers, you can't look past it. There is truly no doubting that this is one of the best motherboards on the market right now and you do get what you pay for at the end of the day.
There was a reason we used this motherboard for the Dual Channel Roundup and it was strictly due to its awesome performance. If you're moving over to Intel and can afford to spend the extra dollars, we definitely recommend this motherboard over any other Intel Canterwood based motherboard we have had the chance to test to date.
- Excellent looking motherboard
- Secure IDE
- Over 255 FSB issue gone
- Impressive overclocking
- OTES cooling
- New Northbridge fan design
- Higher memory bandwidth
- Slower then the IC7 at some points
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 3 [Taking it to the MAX]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 4 [Taking it to the MAX Continued]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price