Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair's specifications sheet doesn't show a large variance in performance between the three capacity sizes. Neutron GTX is Corsair's current flagship product and without any SSD announcements at Computex 2013, we expect it to remain at the top of the pile until at least Q3.
All three-capacity sizes list a maximum sequential read of right around 540MB/s and 550MB/s. Maximum sequential write performance is only listed on the 240GB capacity size and it's 470MB/s. The maximum random write performance is 84K and 85K depending on the capacity size. Neutron and Neutron GTX are 7mm z-height SSDs so they work in many new ultrabooks, and nearly all notebooks and desktops.
Neutron GTX uses the Link_A_Media Devices controller introduced one year ago. Over the past year the controller has shown strong performance, but it does produce more heat than some of the other controllers on the market.
Just weeks ago Corsair introduced a new feature for their SSD products, one that puts Corsair in a very small group that includes Intel, Samsung and Kingston. The Corsair SSD Toolbox bridges software features for Corsair SSD hardware. The Corsair Toolbox is a free add-on that Corsair SSD owners download from the Corsair website. The software allows users to install firmware updates, secure erase drives, set new overprovision targets and optimize Windows quickly.
Neutron GTX drives sell for a premium over baseline Neutron drives - current Newegg pricing above. All three capacity sizes have a standard five year warranty and ship with a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws and a paper manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Corsair Neutron GTX 2013 Edition Drives]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement