Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $259.99 at the time of writing, the MSI MPOWER MAX is cheaper than you'd actually think. Considering the features that are offered on the board, along with the out of the box performance, we really thought that it would cost a little more, like around the $279 - $289 mark.
MSI have really done a good job of ticking all the right boxes here. The package includes a ton of extras including a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth receiver, along with the eSATA and USB 3.0 headers. Again considering the price point of the board, this is a really nice bundle that has been put together by MSI.
The performance, though, is probably the one area that really stands out. Out of the box we saw the MSI board perform extremely well in many areas with it often coming out ahead of both the ASRock and ASUS offerings. Overclocking performance was also strong and lined up with the ASRock board at 4.7GHz. As we mentioned when we spoke about overclocking earlier, this seems to be the limitation of our particular i7 4770k CPU.
Finally the last area that has to be covered is the features. Again this is an area MSI has done a really good job in. The board looks great and the new Military Class 4 components clearly do an excellent job of helping create a board that is fast and stable. Along with all that the addition of the Killer Networking adapter is always nice. The latest Click BIOS 4 also looks good, and as you can see on the BIOS page, we've got a few added areas that offer us some more information and a new look.
All in all MSI has put together a really strong Z87 motherboard here and we're looking forward to seeing more of the "POWER" boards from them in the future. If this new MAX version is anything to go by, they should be able to offer some strong competition in the highly competitive market against the likes of GIGABYTE, ASUS and ASRock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI MPOWER MAX Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- Life is Strange 2 revealed, new trailer/screenshots
- Broforce publisher announces Switch release Sept 6th
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada