Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $249 at the time of writing, the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB hits at that perfect mid-range price point and considering the performance of the new model, we must say that it's a strong price point that is indeed going to get the attention of end-users. While the new GTX 700 series doesn't bring anything earth shattering in terms of new features, we can't deny that from a marketing perspective it's a good series from NVIDIA.
The HD 7000 name has been around for what feels like forever now and the new GTX 700 name from NVIDIA helps bring something fresh to people's minds, especially when you think that the GTX 600 series compared to the HD 7000 series. The first thing you tend to think is that the new GTX 700 series compares to the next generation AMD cards, which aren't even released yet.
While we'll see the new model starting at $249 as we just mentioned, we should see most models coming in at around $10 - $20 higher than that due to the fact that partners will be offering their own variants of the model from today. We've already got a couple on hand and we'll be taking a closer look at them soon. As always, though, the first thing we need to do is check out the overclocking performance of the new reference model. NVIDIA is also offering a 4GB variant of the model and we're sure we'll see some companies offer that; if previous experience is anything to go by, though, we wouldn't expect too much extra performance from the extra onboard memory.
We're excited to see what partners have done with the cooling solution, though, as like the other GTX 700 series cards, we do feel that the reference cooler has the core running a little warmer than we like. While it's at a temperature that's not a problem for stability, we always prefer it to come in lower.
Rumors suggest that this is the last GTX 700 series card we'll see from NVIDIA and while it makes sense, you really never know with NVIDIA. If AMD come out on the attack in the coming months, which is something I feel they really need to do, NVIDIA might have to retaliate with something, and with the "Boost" and "Ti" name available, there's plenty of room to squeeze new models in if need be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series