We're slowly starting to add more and more Z87 boards to our graphs, and today along with the ASRock Z87E-ITX, you'll also see the ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and the ASUS Z87-Expert. Along with those options we've also got the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt, MSI Z77S-GD65 Gaming and GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi.
We always cover the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance. We headed into the BIOS and decided to work off the presets that are available on the board.
We jumped to the 4.8GHz option and moved the multiplier down to 47x. We got into Windows with no problems and started testing. What we noticed, though, was that due to the heat of the processor, it was throttling the speed back to around the 4.4GHz mark.
We headed back into the BIOS and dropped down the multiplier again to 46x, bringing us in at 4.6GHz. We again got into Windows with no problems and fired up MediaEspresso. Again, though, we noticed our CPU throttling, so we decided to head back into the BIOS again to do a little tinkering.
In the end we moved our CPU multiplier to 45x, which brought our CPU in at 4.5GHz even. Everything was looking good in the BIOS, so this was the speed we decided to leave our CPU at for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard