Specifications, Availability and Pricing
In essence, what you have is a very large D-pad for your foot in the simplest of terms. What you get in reality is a plastic frame that is made of two pieces that never really touch each other. The base part of the Footboard offers a mini USB port on the bottom with just the slightest of cable retention and management, eight rubber feet to grip on any surface including carpet, and a way to tension the four switches that are inside this unit. These switches are Cherry MX blue switches that offer an audible click to the switch activation, but with the adjustable spring system, the force of the actual switch is irrelevant, it is used for its structural integrity and long life.
On the center of both halves of plastic, there is a steel frame that supports your foot and allows the board to pivot on a hub in the center. This allows your foot to be able to press forward, back and side to side. The top of the unit is then dressed up with a layer of textured aluminum to give a socked foot some grip, and has the Stinky name etched right into the top. It also offers a red LED for the front and back switches, and it will light up when those switches are pressed.
The other major component in the Footboard is the software and firmware that are used. Think about this. With the software, you can assign any single function, or two key combinations like shift, alt., and function buttons plus one other key. That alone can allow you to ease life in Photoshop, but think about the gaming potential. You can set it for grenades, weapons switching, crouching, strafing, spamming commands in MMOs - all sorts of things. The thing about the software that makes this really cool is that you can store four profiles for this board as well. This will give you a total of 16 things you can now do with your feet that used to take looking at the keyboard to get correct, or at minimum, shifting around buttons on the mouse.
Currently the Stink Footboard is only available directly from the manufacturer in pre-order status. It states that these should be ready for delivery sometime in July 2013. The thing that may turn a few off is that this four switch HID is listed for the price of $119.99 at Stinkyboard.com. While it is a bit pricey, you have to consider all of the R&D time, manufacturing and prototyping time, along with the software development time, it all costs money. I do think the price is a bit high, but for such an unusual product trying to break out on the market, it has to start somewhere. I do think the price will limit the sales a bit, but for those willing to give it a go, it is quite fun and easy to use after a bit if time forcing yourself to remember to use it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Stinky Gaming Footboard]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series