When I first thought about it, I was a bit disappointed in the cable and connector offerings for a 700W unit, but after some consideration, I don't think it could be much better considering the audience for the unit. Budget users aren't going to pack their cases full of drives like a mad man and shouldn't need four or five peripheral cables. Cooler Master keeps it simple and sweet with the ability to power a pair of high-end video cards, while still giving you what you need for the rest of the case.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
One of the things that is often seen with budget units are cheaper component that just don't tend to work well with excess heat. The extra passive cooling provided by the i700's design helps make sure that it isn't an issue.
A pair of Teapo bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Teapo caps.
Cooler Master chose the Yate Loon D12SH-12 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for the i700 power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam