ASUS Z87-Expert Motherboard
Moving onto the motherboard you can straight away see the new color scheme that is being used by ASUS. We've got the typical black PCB that we're used to seeing, but what is new is the yellow and gold highlights. I'm quite a fan of the new design and I'm looking forward to seeing more boards from ASUS come with it.
You can see we've got a total of three PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots which run in either x16 or x8 / x8 or x8 x4 x4 depending on how many of the slots you are using.
Heading to the bottom of the board you can see the standard line up of headers along with four USB 2.0 headers and our main connector headers on the far right. Also here you can see a power button, LED debug reader along with a FLBK and DirectKey switch across the bottom.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports. The six yellow ones are all SATA III and run off the Intel Z87 controller. The last two brown ports are also SATA III, but run off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller.
Heading towards the top end of the board you can see four DDR3 DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at speeds ranging from 1333MHz to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking. Here you can also see the main 24-pin ATX power connector and just to the left of that we have a USB 3.0 header.
Moving around to the CPU side of things you can see the main 8-pin CPU power connector. The socket area like most these days is clean. Here we can also see the new heatsink design which looks and feels great.
Finishing up with the I/O side of things you can see we've got a combo PS2 port along with a total of six USB 3.0 ports which run off the Intel Z87 chipset. You can also see two ports for our antenna that is included in the box which supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n. Video out comes through a HDMI, VGA and DVI-D port. Gigabit networking is provided by Intel I217V controller and finally you can see an optical out port and five auxiliary ports that run off the Realtek ALC1150.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada