Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
Our review system, equipped with a Corsair Neutron GTX, performs quite well in the system disk read test. It turns out the fastest speeds of any previously tested system. It maxed out at over 500MB/s sequential read.
Write speeds were equally impressive, hanging with the Digital Storm Bolt, which made use of the same SSD in this system. Considering the price tag and performance level of this system, we're a bit surprised that it wasn't equipped with dual SSDs in RAID 0.
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
The 1TB hard drive Digital Storm equipped our review unit with proved to be decent, but not spectacular by any means. There are certainly faster mass storage drives available and we suggest you go with one of them when making your configuration.
What we saw in read speed continues to hold true for write speeds. It's not terrible, but there are certainly faster drives available. We saw an average write speed of 108MB/s, easily bested by the Chimera's 149.1MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle and System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [System Tests]
- Page 7 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada