Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler
Looking at the Ashura dead in the grill, you can see the three places the pipes enter the tower at the bottom of the cooler. They are spaced out to deliver heat fully across each fin in the 50 stack, which you see above. On top of the top most aluminum fin, there is a cover plate that covers the tips of the pipes and adds a very attractive look to the cooler.
From the side, you can see there are two grooves for a pair of fans to be attached to the tower, but more obviously, you can see that the cooler is shifted to the right of the center of the base.
With the basics out of the way, let's cover the more advanced. You can see from this angle that there is an inset to all the fins as the fan rides on the higher ledges on both sides of the fins. You can also see that the fins each have six V shaped notches in each fin to sort of drive the air at the pipes running through them and down the gut of the cooler.
It is a little hard to tell, but the grooves are cut very thin, and have a section where it will move toward the edges to lock the wire fan clips in place. This does take a little work to install the fans as this groove is just larger than the diameter of wire used.
The thick aluminum plate is attached in the four corners, offers the Scythe name and logo in the middle, and has six places on each side that are cut away, so that the bends in the fin will have clearance. The contrast of the anodized black and the natural aluminum looks really good as well.
At the other end of the Ashura you can see the top of the base is aluminum. The top of it has small tabs that will act as a pre-cooler, but it allows you the large groove to set the cross-bar into, and that bar has tabs that lock around the tallest fins in the middle.
Some of the pipes have to make pretty intense bends to make it to their alignment in the fins, while the others make much more gentle curves to get to their spot. After the base and pipes are setup correctly, the fins are them pressed on the pipes.
As the six copper 6mm diameter heat pipes leave the base of the Ashura, you can see that there is some solder coming out of the gap between the pipes and the base. This will insure a much better heat transfer from the base into the pipes.
The second component of the base is this copper plate that has been milled in a spiral pattern and then gets nickel plated. This base is slightly higher in the middle giving this plate a convex shape that needs good pressure from the mounting kit to make good contact to the IHS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6