The installation of any bay device is usually pretty straight forward; although (unlike most bay devices) this product comes with a PCI panel attachment. This attachment requires a cable to be run from the back of the VFD to the back of your computer where the PCI panel is housed. The PCI component carries a COM port which serves as the basic interconnect between the device and your desktop.
Essentially, you need a free 5.25" bay in the front of your case and a free PCI slot in the back of your case to install this product. As previously stated, the installation is virtually effortless:
1. Slide off/remove/unscrew your computer's case.
2. Locate the back of your front bay devices.
3. Unwrap the VFD display and adjust hardware settings as desired.
Your configuration and product setup should be similar to that of the one in the picture below. A: The L.I.S. VFD in the 5.25" bay slot, B: The unit's power cable (Molex) connected to the power supply unit's power cables, C: The L.I.S. VFD's PCI card, properly inserted. (PSU).
Extreme 'modders' and computer enthusiasts alike will immediately notice the tiny mess the VFD installation leaves you with inside your computer. This could result in a disruption of your computer's airflow, and the product's wiring may fall in the way of other internal devices.
Once the internal installation is complete, there are a few more procedures necessary to get the L.I.S. VFD fully working. Included with the product is a dual-headed COM cable. This cable is needed to connect the L.I.S. VFD: from the PCI panel to a free COM port on the back of your computer. If you own a recently-manufactured computer or a small form factor system (SFF), then you may not have a COM port onboard; to solve this problem, you can purchase a USB to COM converter at your local computer hardware store.
Okay, we're completely done with the hardware installation, on to the software installation!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz