The installation of any bay device is usually pretty straight forward; although (unlike most bay devices) this product comes with a PCI panel attachment. This attachment requires a cable to be run from the back of the VFD to the back of your computer where the PCI panel is housed. The PCI component carries a COM port which serves as the basic interconnect between the device and your desktop.
Essentially, you need a free 5.25" bay in the front of your case and a free PCI slot in the back of your case to install this product. As previously stated, the installation is virtually effortless:
1. Slide off/remove/unscrew your computer's case.
2. Locate the back of your front bay devices.
3. Unwrap the VFD display and adjust hardware settings as desired.
Your configuration and product setup should be similar to that of the one in the picture below. A: The L.I.S. VFD in the 5.25" bay slot, B: The unit's power cable (Molex) connected to the power supply unit's power cables, C: The L.I.S. VFD's PCI card, properly inserted. (PSU).
Extreme 'modders' and computer enthusiasts alike will immediately notice the tiny mess the VFD installation leaves you with inside your computer. This could result in a disruption of your computer's airflow, and the product's wiring may fall in the way of other internal devices.
Once the internal installation is complete, there are a few more procedures necessary to get the L.I.S. VFD fully working. Included with the product is a dual-headed COM cable. This cable is needed to connect the L.I.S. VFD: from the PCI panel to a free COM port on the back of your computer. If you own a recently-manufactured computer or a small form factor system (SFF), then you may not have a COM port onboard; to solve this problem, you can purchase a USB to COM converter at your local computer hardware store.
Okay, we're completely done with the hardware installation, on to the software installation!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit