As we all learned as children (hopefully), first impressions can mean the world at times. The display on our hands is a perfect example of this; the packaging and presentation, as a whole, are very professional and clean. Now, does the actual product compare? Let's find out.
This particular V.F.D. has a gorgeous glitter-silver template with a black and blue display scheme. VL System has spared us any half-hearted manufacturing. From this unit's shiny enticing template to its polished controls, it makes the absolute necessity for anyone looking to spice up their computing experience.
The product comes with a handful of appropriately included accessories - all of which you will wind up using during one time or another. In the box, you will find:
- 1 L.I.S. VFD Display
- 1 PCI Panel
- 1 COM Cable
- 1 Audio Cable
- 1 Audio Jack
- 1 Business-card-style CD-ROM
On the front of the unit are two buttons: MODE and RESET. The MODE button allows you to switch between visualizations, and RESET simply gives you the ability to restart the VFD when you are experiencing technical problems.
While the entire product remains very sturdy and well-finished, the buttons feel surprisingly cheap. The reason for this is the lack of a strong spring (or shorter ones) behind both buttons. There is very little resistance.
You might expect more features directly on the panel, but the lack of tangible controls is made up for by the amount of options and features included in the L.I.S. VFD software, not to mention the tweaking features accessible on the back of the display.
On the reverse side of the product is a bank of user-definable hardware settings. A: VFD colour selection (blue, red or green), B: Reset/Mode configuration, C: VFD brightness control.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit