This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 43,296 IOPS during the measurement window, with more pronounced variability than the Optimus, which averaged 39,979 IOPS.
The Toshiba provides 3,075,310 I/Os (23.75%) at 4-6ms, 2,764,853 I/Os (21.36%) at 2-4ms, and 2,501,336 I/O's (19.32%) at 6-8ms. There is a wide gamut of latency for the Toshiba, ranging from .06-.08 to 20-40ms.
The Toshiba averages 6.31 Watts during the precondition run, compared to the 6.8 Watts from the Optimus.
The Toshiba averages 6,817 IOPS per Watt. The Optimus averages 5,823 IOPS per Watt.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 43,080 IOPS at QD256, besting the Optimus which averages 33,805 IOPS at QD256. The Toshiba clearly excels at this type of read-centric workload.
The Toshiba provides 32% of I/Os in the 4-6ms range, 28% of I/Os at 6-8ms, 21% of I/O's at 2-4ms, and 13% of I/O's at 8-10ms.
The Toshiba averages 5.3 Watts during the measurement window.
The Toshiba averages 43,800 IOPS per Watt, above the Optimus with 5,579 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [Toshiba PX02SMF080 Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit