Toshiba PX02SM Specifications Specifications
The Toshiba PX02SMx series features 24nm eMLC NAND in conjunction with a Toshiba/Marvell TC58NC9036GTC controller with custom firmware. The SSD provides 120,000/30,000 random read/write IOPS and 900/400MB/s of sequential read/write speed.
There is also the inclusion of 1GB of DRAM caching to manage LBA mapping on the 800GB, 256MB for the 200GB and 512MB for the 400GB model. The PX02SM series is compatible with 6Gb/s and 12Gb/s SAS dual port connections. The dual port SAS connection provides multipath and failover redundancy.
The PX02SMx series SSDs, and the 800GB PX02SMF080 we are evaluating today, support SANITIZE Cryptographic-Erase functionality and 256-bit AES encryption. Unlike a regular disk erase using lengthy over-write operations, the Cryptographic-Erase function simply regenerates the SED drive's encryption key, effectively invalidating all previously stored user data. This allows SED storage devices to be quickly and securely sanitized before re-allocation, redeployment or retirement.
The PX02SMQ/U series also supports the TCG Enterprise Security Subsystem Class (SSC) protocols to provide additional security features.
The PX02SM comes in capacities of 200GB, 400GB, 800GB and 1,600GB with a 7mm Z-height (the 1.6TB version has a 15mm Z-height). The endurance of the SSD scales with capacity and endurance of 3.7PB, 7.3PB, 14.6PB and 29.2PB is warrantied for up to five years for the various capacity points. This equates to roughly 10DWPD of endurance.
Power loss protection is built-in with a bank of tantalum capacitors to flush data in transit down to the NAND in the event of a power failure. The energy efficiency is 13,400 IOPS per Watt, though this is measured as read IOPS per Watt. A maximum draw of 9 Watts is listed as the peak power consumption.
One missing element from the chart is the UBER rating of 1 in 10E17.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [Toshiba PX02SMF080 Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard