Installation and Finished Product
Since we are using an Intel system to test, I screwed in the appropriate hardware to the base of the cooler. I do wish that a pair of my screws weren't pre-stripped for me, but with a full assortment of drivers on hand, I was able to get them in securely.
Just like with the stock cooling solution, to apply the GAMMAXX S40 to the board, just be sure the legs are in the locked position and push these clips into the holes until you hear a satisfying click to let you know each of them is in the correct position and locked securely to the board.
Due to a little wing on the 120mm fan at the top, the fan is spaced to stay at or above the memory to attempt to make this easier on the users as well. With only one correct position to use with this fan, it is hit or miss if it will work for your memory configuration.
The fan will clear shorter memory sticks, and will even clear my typical sticks without the heat spreaders on them. Any sort of spreader on the stick closest to the cooler will definitely cause some issues if you want to fill that slot.
Looking at the motherboard with the GAMAXX S40 now installed, you can tell even from this angle that the memory and power plugs are easily accessible, and the cooler is also very clear of the video card.
Just to give you some idea of the perspective of the size of the GAMMAXX S40, after I finished the build and was ready for testing, I snapped this image above. You can see it is very compact around the CPU socket, but you can also see that the HD 7950 is as wide as this cooler is tall, meaning it will fit in almost any normal case, SFF not included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series