We've got a number of motherboards in our graphs today as you'd expect with a large focus being on other Z77 offerings. Along with the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Series which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt and Maximus V GENE. Along with those boards we've also got a GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi to round off the collection.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we'll cover overclocking. Initially we had a bit of trouble when it came to overclocking as our CPU temperature was getting extremely high. Thinking about it for a little bit, I realized that during the whole build process, I don't think I actually installed any thermal paste on the CPU. Quickly pulling our heatsink off of course raveled I was correct and after putting some thermal paste on our 3770K, we found everything working again fine as it should.
As always we started with the multiplier to see just what we could do with the 3770K. We got up to 47x with no issue, which put us at 4.7GHz. From there we headed back into the BIOS and see if we could do anything with the BCLK and squeeze a little bit more performance out of the setup.
In the end we found adjusting the BCLK up even slightly would send our system into a constant loop. We did try to adjust the voltage slightly, but that also didn't make a difference. In the end you can see above that we ended up with our system running at a solid and even 4.7GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit