We've got a number of motherboards in our graphs today as you'd expect with a large focus being on other Z77 offerings. Along with the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Series which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt and Maximus V GENE. Along with those boards we've also got a GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi to round off the collection.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we'll cover overclocking. Initially we had a bit of trouble when it came to overclocking as our CPU temperature was getting extremely high. Thinking about it for a little bit, I realized that during the whole build process, I don't think I actually installed any thermal paste on the CPU. Quickly pulling our heatsink off of course raveled I was correct and after putting some thermal paste on our 3770K, we found everything working again fine as it should.
As always we started with the multiplier to see just what we could do with the 3770K. We got up to 47x with no issue, which put us at 4.7GHz. From there we headed back into the BIOS and see if we could do anything with the BCLK and squeeze a little bit more performance out of the setup.
In the end we found adjusting the BCLK up even slightly would send our system into a constant loop. We did try to adjust the voltage slightly, but that also didn't make a difference. In the end you can see above that we ended up with our system running at a solid and even 4.7GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard