Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
You'll notice that our results have been cleared out due to us updating the test to the latest version. The Envy TouchSmart 4 redeems itself slightly when it comes to overall system ranking. It vastly outperforms the ASUS S500C, though it can't touch the more expensive Acer systems that use faster SSD's.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
MobileMark shows the same as seen above. It's quite a bit more capable as an overall machine than the S500C, but can't compete with the SSD-wielding Acer systems we recently reviewed.
Impressively, the HP also outperforms the ASUS in terms of battery life. In fact, the both HP systems in our chart perform the best, with the Envy TouchSmart 4 coming in just behind the older Folio 13. It manages to run for 304 minutes, or 5 hours and 4 minutes.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
Due to utilizing a spinning hard drive, the HP Envy TouchSmart 4 falls behind other systems that make use of an SSD. It does manage to beat out the S500C, one of its main competitors.
The same trend is seen with write speeds, though the S500C narrows the gap and actually pulls ahead in sequential write speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ