Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At the time of writing you can pick up the MSI HD 7790 1GB OC over at Newegg for a competitive $139.99, after a $10.00 rebate. What makes this video card so much more appealing over the NVIDIA competition is the bundle that's on offer thanks to AMD. While not really seen here, you can see over at Newegg that it comes with not only a copy of BioShock Infinity, but also a copy of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. If that wasn't enough to wet the taste buds, MSI have also thrown a copy of 3DMark 11 into the mix for you as well.
Outside of the bundle, though, the other big highlight is the inclusion of the 100mm cooling fan. Most companies opt for an 80mm fan or a dual fan setup. In this case, MSI decided to just choose a larger single fan, and the results are extremely strong, as you saw in our graphs today.
Even when it comes to the video card being overclocked, temperature levels are the best out of the HD 7790 video cards we've tested so far, and noise levels are also extremely strong, sitting in the bottom half of the pack.
Performance on a whole is as you'd expect - overclocking yields, for the most part, a slight boost in FPS numbers, across the board. It does sit behind the GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB in most scenarios. For the most part you'd argue that the extra $25 associated with the NVIDIA option is probably worth it. If you own both of the games that come in the MSI bundle, then it probably is.
If you don't own the games, though, then the MSI / AMD option has a huge amount of appeal. The added games into the mix add a huge amount of value. The thing is, though, you can't just talk about the added value from the perspective of how much the game costs, because we can do that for any game. The difference here is that you're talking about two, hot gaming titles. The effort AMD has gone to with these bundles is what helps them truly stand out from the competition at the moment in my opinion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz