8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Kingston E100 comes in at 37,726 IOPS at QD256, which brings it directly underneath the Micron P400m and the Intel DC S3700. This is a great score for a SandForce-based SSD.
The average 8K random write speed of the Kingston E100 is 19,104 IOPS at QD256. The wide performance variability is indicative of SandForce characteristics with partially compressible data.
The Kingston E100 has a tighter performance range in comparison to its 4K write percentage-testing results. The Micron P400m is far more consistent, though its average dips below that of the E100 in the 30-90% write percentage fields.
The Kingston E100 has a large percentage of its 8K write activity, 36.9%, land in the lower range of 6-8ms. 38.1% of I/O falls into the 10-20ms range, and 11.9% lands at 20-40ms. This latency variation closely mirrors the results in the performance testing. The entire latency range spans from .8-1ms to 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Kingston E100 averages 4.02 Watts, slightly higher than the Micron P400m.
The E100 averages 4,739 IOPS per Watt, slightly higher than the rest of the test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Ti: Ethereum Mining Results
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- MMA Team Manager is Coming Soon
- Lian Li Introduces LANCOOL ONE White Edition
- Fire Up Those Jetpacks as Armajet Blasts Its Way Onto Android & Steam Early Access
- Steins; Gate Elite releases February 19th 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch
- Snake vs Snake launches today on Nintendo Switch