This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSD's are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 24,511 IOPS during the measurement window, with a similar amount of variability and speed in comparison to the CloudSpeed 500.
The Seagate 600 Pro delivers 3,685,006 I/Os (48.5%) in the 10-20ms window, 2,353,639 I/Os (31%) at 8-10ms, and 1,536,981 I/Os (20.2%) at 6-8ms.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 2.49 Watts during the precondition run.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages a massive 10,567 IOPS per Watt during the measurement window, easily outpacing the other competitors.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The Seagate 600 Pro delivers 23,039 IOPS at QD256, falling between the CloudSpeed 500 and the SM843.
The Seagate 600 Pro provides 5,076,009 I/Os (73.6%) in the 10-20ms range, and 1,729,231 I/Os (25%) in the 8-10ms range.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 1.92 Watts during the measurement window, lower than the other SSD's.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 11,924 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms