128K Sequential Read/Write
During the 128K sequential preconditioning phase of testing, we noted the predictable nature of the internal housekeeping routines on the Seagate 600 Pro, with staggered periods of lower write speed.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 472MB/s, slightly below the CloudSpeed 500 and the Samsung SM843.
The Seagate 600 Pro slightly edges the CloudSpeed 500 with 447MB/s in sequential write speed.
The Seagate 600 Pro exhibits more variability in the sequential mixed workload testing than the other entrants, though the average speeds outpace the SM843. The CloudSpeed 500 turns in a great performance with chart-topping sequential speed in this test.
The Seagate 600 Pro delivers an outstanding 99.8% of I/Os (1,069,255) at 60-80ms, matching the SM843.
The Seagate 600 Pro experiences a slight increase in power consumption to the end of our preconditioning run. This is reflected in its average wattage score of 3.69 Watts due to the average wattage score being calculated in the last five minutes of the test period. This could be due to the adaptive power adjusting algorithms, which control the power draw of the SSD based upon workload.
The Seagate 600 Pro comes in second in the MB/s to Watts testing, one of only a few tests that falls below a competitor in the efficiency testing, with 121MB/s per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit