Last month we tested the Icy Dock FlexCage MB973SP-2B, a three HDD into two 5.25" drive bay adapter that includes dual USB 3.0 connectivity. Today we're back with another FlexCage product from Icy Dock. The MB975SP-B stuffs five 3.5" HDD's into just three 5.25" optical disk bays.
With optical media on the way out and digital media on the rise, the FlexCage products allow for an easy transition from unreliable, fragile and slow technology to the golden standard, mechanical disk storage.
Let's take a look.
The MB975SP-B spec sheet is straightforward, five 3.5" HDD's in three 5.25" optical drive bays with a cooling fan, adequate power delivered to the drives via three SATA power plugs and an 80mm fan to keep everything cool.
The cooling fan has three speed settings - low, high and our favorite during testing, Smart Cooling, an automatic temperature sensing setting that eliminates any possible fan noise until you fill the cage and start crunching random data.
At the time of writing we couldn't find the MB975SP-B available at Newegg or through Google shopping. The SATA II model the MB975SP-B is replacing is on Amazon for $113.33, for reference only.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit