Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
We ran into a strange issue when measuring the power. Right out of the box our Seagate 600 SSD 240GB pulled a lot of power, twice as much as Seagate stated in the specifications sheet. This led us to believe an IOmeter 4K write test was run at the factory prior to hitting our lab. In our first test where we read sequential data from the drive, the power use actually went down.
Seagate sent us a second 240GB drive and we found the exact same thing. Once we finished our tests the idle power consumption dropped down to advertised levels. If you write to the drive, the power takes quite a while to get back to idle. That usually happens when background activity is happening. We later figured out why the fresh out of box Seagate 600 pulled so much power in FOB state. When the drive is powered on for the first time, it builds the page table data.
That Seagate 600 SSD also has aggressive garbage collection. That is good for performance, but bad for battery life. Some SSD's let the dirty blocks stack up and then clean the blocks, while others try to keep the flash nice and tidy.
PCMark Vantage HDD Test - Power Draw
In our notebook test, we noticed the Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB with 19nm Toshiba Toggle flash delivered longer notebook battery life, but here we see the Seagate 600 actually uses less power while in use.
The difference is the idle power consumption. On the far left, you can see the Neutron GTX in black at its idle for a brief moment before the test starts. The 600 240GB (in green) never really drops below .2 Amps on our test bench, around twice that of the Neutron GTX.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alienware 55-inch OLED 4K 120Hz gaming monitor taken by UFO
- AMD X590 chipset: more PCIe 4.0 lanes, better overclocking
- Project xCloud is about choice, not replacing consoles
- No Man's Sky fans go above and beyond to thank Hello Games
- Marvel at our 'Captain Marvel' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Lenovo Flex 6-14IBK (Kaby Lake-R) Laptop Review
- Buy Real Passports, SSN, ID'S, PERMITS, DRIVING LICENSE, www.hrcryptodocs.com Ielts/Toefl/Gmat;
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- Password change
- Corsair Nightsword RGB FPS/MOBA Gaming Mouse Review
- Cyberpunk 2077 - Keanu Reeves etc!
- Anime-Inspired RPG Knights Chronicle Celebrates First-Year Anniversary With Fan-Favorite Events
- Open-World Survival Game Radiation City Now Available on Nintendo Switch
- Psyon Games revolutionizes health communication with the vaccine mobile game Antidote - becomes appealing for international pharmaceutical companies
- E3 2019: Futuristic 4K Multiplatform Combat Racer, Pacer, Unveils New Track During Live Stream with Twitch