Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The near 18 pound, mostly steel chassis that is the Chaser A41 came with black paint inside and out. Both in the plastic bezel and the large plastic feet, you will find light blue striping used to accent this black chassis, and Thermaltake also offers a white version. Inside the plastic trim of the front bezel, the Chaser offers a lot of steel mesh. There are four 5.25" bay covers and a 3.5" bay cover at the top that are removable from the outside of the chassis, while the bottom half is all mesh with a large Tt logo and the Thermaltake name. The left side of the chassis is bumped out to allow a few more millimeters of room inside, works as a great place to put in a large window, and just in front of the bum, near the top of the chassis, there is a hanger for a set of headphones. The top of the chassis offers the I/O panel, a storage tray, and then the rest of the top is opened with mesh to allow for various types of fans or cooling solutions.
Along with being able to install an ATX or Micro-ATX motherboard, you also have room for 175mm of CPU cooler clearance and 315mm of video card. Inside the chassis you will find room for a total of five 3.5" bays, plus another for a card reader. Both the optical bays and four of the HDD bays are tool-free with clips on the ODD bays and removable trays for the HDDs. Cooling the Chaser out of the box, you are given three fans. One 120mm is in the front and the bezel offers a removable filter for it. There is a 200mm fan in the roof of the chassis, but you can also use a pair of 120mm fans as well as a pair of 140mm fans. The rear of the chassis holds the final fan and it is also a 120mm fan. All three of these fans are blue LED lit when powered to add some ambience to the inside of the chassis and your view of it when it is powered on.
Even though this chassis is so new to the market, I am seeing quite a few listings of it for sale already. What I am seeing is that Thermaltake has set the MSRP of the Chaser A41, both on the Snow White or the Black version we received, at $99.99. As I look around at the time of writing, you can get close to that pricing at NextWarehouse.com for $102.48, and Newegg has it listed for $114.98 with shipping included. If you keep looking you will see the pricing even exceeds $150 if you don't shop carefully when looking for this chassis, so as with any other purchase, buyer beware, as you can save quite a bit of money if you shop correctly and cautiously.
The $100 mid-tower is something everyone is doing these days, so why not another from Thermaltake? Hopefully by the time we finish, we can get a better idea of how the Chaser A41 will stack up against the shear mass of competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard