Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The Acer Aspire S7-391 is quite thin, meaning it has very little room for cooling fans or heat sinks. Normally a system of this size would run a bit on the hot side. It's also got the faster, and as a byproduct, hotter Intel Core i7 processor.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located above the keyboard and somewhere you are unlikely to touch during normal use. The keyboard stayed below 90 degrees and the palm rests stayed under 80 degrees.
Moving around to the back side, temperatures were slightly worse. The maximum observed temperature was 108 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the system ranged from 81 degrees to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. These temperatures are a bit higher than I would like to see for a system to be used on my lap.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 83 degrees Celsius, which is the same as the CPU because they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 83 degrees Celsius, a temperature that is a bit better than I was expecting going into this test. It's well within the limits of the CPU / GPU and should cause no long-term damage to the system.
The Acer Aspire S7-391 produced a sound level of 51 decibels in our measurement. Due to its small size, the fans had to work extra hard to move enough air to keep the system cool. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit