Temperatures, Cooling, Noise
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95, similar to our laptop testing. The sound recordings are made in front of the machine, about 6 inches from the center of the tower. Temperatures are reported as recorded by CoreTemp and Furmark.
The iBUYPOWER Revolt does an excellent job of keeping the i7-3770K CPU cool. As you can see in the chart above, it does the best job out of any of the systems we have tested, though the Chimera did have an overclock running on the CPU. 61 degrees Celsius provides plenty of room for future overclocking.
On the GPU side of things, the GTX 670 was the hottest running GPU that we have tested, and I do blame the small case for that. It reached a maximum temperature of 86 degrees Celsius, still within GPU temperature limits.
There is one massive downside to the iBUYPOWER Revolt, and that's the noise output. Under full load, the Revolt output a sound level of 56 decibels. Unfortunately for users, even at idle, the Revolt tends to be a bit on the loud side. And it's not just air "whooshing"; there is also a distinctive whine to it that I found quite annoying.
Power consumption is measured while the system is loaded for the temperature test and while sitting idle at the desktop. Measurement is taken at the wall, so it includes everything running in the system, not including the monitor.
At idle, the machine draws 65 watts. This means it's about the same as leaving one incandescent light bulbs running. During a full load, system energy draw spikes to 319 watts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions