Installation and Finished Product
Since the threaded screws are now part of the back plate, you don't have to worry about picking the right holes any more. Just slide it on the board and be sure to align the three holes in the plate with the socket screws to clear things correctly.
I just flipped the board, installed the black plastic risers, and was sure to install the top brackets with the curves pointing away from the CPU. Then all there is left is to use the nuts to secure all of these bits into one strong component to mount the cooler to.
You will need to be sure that the fan is off the cooler to mount it to the motherboard. As you can see, the provided screw driver works great, and will spin over the top of the cooler. To be sure this is mounted correctly, spin the screw until it stops, which is when you know you have the proper pressure on the CPU.
Looking down upon the NH-U12S when it has both fans in place, it does seem to take up a bit of room, but that is just the angle of the image. You will see soon enough that there is plenty of room around this cooler to access everything.
Even with a cooler that stands 158mm tall, you can see that the fan on the cooler is just so slightly blocked by the taller memory I used.
It does also clear the closest slot for memory to the CPU. The rubber padding on the corners does touch the stick and just so slightly presses against it, but there is no reason to worry if populating all four slots. For those on LGA2011, it may be tight, but you should have access to slots on both sides, even in a dual fan configuration.
With the Noctua NH-U12S now in the test chassis, all we have left to do is run a bunch of tests, mount it a few more times, and see what the NH-U12S is capable of in both single and dual fan setups.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- New Steam game offers 1 x Bitcoin to anyone who solves it
- South Korean cryptocurrency regulator found dead in his home
- Samsung Galaxy S9 latest: could be priced as high as $1250
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit