Let me guess, you have recently upgraded from an old Intel Celeron or AMD K6-3 system and have a brand new AMD Athlon or Intel Pentium III with a motherboard to suit, fast SDRAM and an ageing TNT2 Ultra or Voodoo3 video card and are wondering why your frame rate is so low. I often get asked what would be the ideal video card to buy when on a budget because of a low frame rate and people generally wanting to obtain higher 3DMark scores or at least it seems; the answer to this question is the nVidia GeForce2 MX - Simply because of it's strong value market performance and useful features.
X-Micro is one of the many new video card manufactures, which just happen to pop up around the world from time to time. If you'd like to find out of their short company history I point you to our X-Micro GeForce2 Pro review, the Introduction gives you a run down about the company and their line of graphics orientated products. Below is a picture of the X-Micro Hulk 5 video card with TwinView...
While the GeForce2 MX isn't as fast as the GeForce2 GTS, Pro or Ultra it still does perform quite well and includes many good features such as TwinView which enables you to use one monitor and one TV or two monitors using the one video card for increased productivity and efficiency. Because of the recent release of the nVidia GeForce3 (which we will be reviewing very shortly), we will only see the nVidia GeForce2 MX become a cheaper player in the jungle of video cards on the growing market. Today we are going to take a look at the X-Micro Hulk 5 32mb AGP video card that is based on the nVidia GeForce2 MX chipset; one model with Dual Head and the other model with TV Out that are aimed at the hardcore gamer, CAD and graphics artists.
- Nvidia GeForce2 MX GPU, 256-bit 2D&3D graphic architecture
- AGP 2X/4X with Fast Writes
- 32/64MB video frame buffer
- Digital Vibrance Control
- TwinView Architecture
- Integrate 2nd generation T&L engine
- 20 Millon triangles /sec
- Nvidia Shading Rasterizer (NSR) featuring
- 2.8GB/sec memory bandwidth
- DirectX and S3TC texture compression
- Full acceleration for Microsoft DirectX7 and OpenGL 1.2 ICD
- Support NTSC/PAL TV-out (optional)
- Nvidia 2nd Generation 256-bit Geforce2 MX GPU
- Integrated 2nd generation T&L engine.
- 700 Mtextel Fill Rate
- 20M triangles/sec setup
- Nvidia QuadEngine Technology
- Order independent Full Scene Multisampling Anti-aliasing
- 32-bit color with 32-bit z/stencil
- DirectX and S3TC texture compression
- High performance 256-bit 2D acceleration
- True color hardware cursor
- Video playback of all DVD/HDTV resolution
- Video acceleration for DirectShow, Mpeg 1, Mpeg 2, and indeo
- 8:1 upscaling and downscaling
- Multiple video windows with hardware color space conversion and filtering
- Windows 95/OSR2, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows NT
- Linux XFree86 4.0.1 (RedHat 6.1)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit