Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
Likely due to the S500C relying on a spinning 500GB hard drive, it doesn't fare so well in our PCMark 7 test. You'll notice that our results have been cleared out due to us updating the test to the latest version. It manages a score of 2970, which is below the two Acer Ultrabooks we have in the lab. A solid state drive would likely boost this score in line with those other systems.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
The ASUS S500C isn't exactly the most powerful system we've had through our lab. In fact, it scored the lowest we've ever had a system score on our MobileMark 2012 benchmark. Again, I would venture to guess that the score was hampered by the use of a spinning hard disk to keep costs down.
Battery life comes in at a respectable 250 minutes, or 4 hours and 10 minutes. Some systems, such as ASUS' S56C manage to outperform the S500C in battery life, but not by too much. 250 minutes is a good amount of runtime, especially considering the price of the system.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
CrystalDiskMark really shows how a spinning hard drive just doesn't perform at the same speeds as a solid state drive. The ASUS S500C's HDD manages a sequential read speed of 94.5MB/s, faster than the S56C, but not faster than any other machine.
Write speeds follow the same trend. The S500C outperforms the S56C, but fails to beat the other systems due to their inclusion of a solid state drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has players surviving off the land
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle announced
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam