Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the Kensington lock, two USB 2.0 ports, a combination headphone/microphone port and SD card reader.
The right side, from back to front, features the power port, the Ethernet port, VGA port, HDMI port and one USB 3.0 port.
The ASUS S500C has average USB 2.0 performance in terms of read speed. It averages out to be roughly even with the other systems and falls somewhere near the middle of the pack.
Again, the ASUS S500C's USB 2.0 write performance is nothing to write home about, either good or bad. It averages out to 23.4MB/s, again in the middle of the pack.
In terms of USB 3.0 read performance, the ASUS S500C is pretty close to the top, though it still has a number of systems ahead of it, though not by much. It manages to eke out an average of 110.8MB/s.
In terms of USB 3.0 write performance, however, the ASUS S500C finishes in second place, 27MB/s slower than the Gigabyte P2542. It averaged 140.9 MB/s in our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series