Installation and Activation
First things first. If you haven't already performed a full backup of your Windows partition recently, then I would strongly recommend for you to do so before installing Rollback RX (or any other software for that matter). There is always the risk that a new program may be incompatible with your individual configuration. Backing up could save you from having to troubleshoot problems later on. Basic backup tips have also been provided within our
There are some very important notes on Snapshot Software usage featured on page 5 of the LV/IRS article, linked above. Those notes are fully applicable to Rollback RX. Those tips are there to help you configure a clean, lean and streamlined system partition that is free of unnecessary stuff and clutter. I would recommend for you to read at least that section of the LV/IRS article first, before proceeding with the RX installation.
At this point I assume that you have applied the aforementioned tips and your system partition is now clean, streamlined and optimized, ready for Rollback RX. Start the installation and you will be asked to provide the installer with a serial number. If you have already bought the program, enter your serial there, otherwise use the trial/demo option.
Your system disk will be automatically pre-selected by the installer. If your system disk has multiple partitions, only the primary one will be preselected. It's up to you to enable or disable protection for the other partitions of the same disk. If you want RX to protect them as well, just put a tick next to them. Personally I have only enabled RX for my system partition (C:), leaving the secondary logical partition of the disk unticked.
When the installation completes, you will be asked to restart your computer. Don't do it just yet. The baseline snapshot will be created when you reboot and you want that snapshot to be as clean and junk-free as possible; so just exit the installer and then make sure you run some disk cleaning app (like CCleaner) in order to get rid of any junk files, before rebooting manually.
Upon rebooting RX will create the baseline snapshot before Windows kicks in. When back in Windows, a small configuration screen will pop up with some self-explanatory options related to conditional automatic snapshot taking. Configure the options to your liking and move on to the next screen, where the program will ask you to activate. There are two ways to activate, online and offline. At this point you can also skip activation altogether and use the demo/trial option if you want to.
Activation is pretty straight forward. Depending on the activation method you choose you may eventually be asked to reboot the system in order to verify the activation process.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- ASUS ready to launch a massive array of Z390 motherboards
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Multi-Awarded Party Game Wizards TourneyOut On Steam Today
- Announcing the release date of 'ACA NEOGEO CYBER-LIP'
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees