8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Pluto SC3 comes in at 27,783 IOPS at QD256, again falling below the nearest SATA competitors at roughly 40,000 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the Pluto SC3 is 16,129 IOPS at QD256. The wide performance variability ranges from as high as 27,000 IOPS to a low of 6,500 IOPS.
The Pluto SC3 again demonstrates wide performance variability in the write percentage testing. The Micron P400m is far more consistent, though its average dips below that of the SC3 in the 60-90% write percentage fields.
The Comay Pluto SC3 provides 2,078,476 I/Os (43.1%) in the 20-40ms range, 1,813,480 I/Os (37.6%) at 6-8ms, and 613,775 I/Os (12.7%) at 10-20ms. This latency variation closely mirrors the results in the performance testing. The entire latency range spans from .9-1ms to 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Pluto SC3 averages 3.5 Watts, below the rest of the field.
The Pluto SC3 has a wide variation in the IOPS to Watts testing, due to performance variability. The SC3 averages 4,611 IOPS per Watt, higher than the rest of the test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card