8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Pluto SC3 comes in at 27,783 IOPS at QD256, again falling below the nearest SATA competitors at roughly 40,000 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the Pluto SC3 is 16,129 IOPS at QD256. The wide performance variability ranges from as high as 27,000 IOPS to a low of 6,500 IOPS.
The Pluto SC3 again demonstrates wide performance variability in the write percentage testing. The Micron P400m is far more consistent, though its average dips below that of the SC3 in the 60-90% write percentage fields.
The Comay Pluto SC3 provides 2,078,476 I/Os (43.1%) in the 20-40ms range, 1,813,480 I/Os (37.6%) at 6-8ms, and 613,775 I/Os (12.7%) at 10-20ms. This latency variation closely mirrors the results in the performance testing. The entire latency range spans from .9-1ms to 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Pluto SC3 averages 3.5 Watts, below the rest of the field.
The Pluto SC3 has a wide variation in the IOPS to Watts testing, due to performance variability. The SC3 averages 4,611 IOPS per Watt, higher than the rest of the test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM