Comay Pluto SC3 Specifications
The Comay Pluto SC3 SSD is designed for mainstream use in cloud computing, servers and datacenters. AES-128 bit encryption is standard fare for LSI SandForce SSDs, idle voltage is rated for 1W, and active is specified at 2W, though we did note higher active requirements during our testing.
One of the benefits of ordering SSDs from Comay is the option for extensive customizations to meet the needs of the intended environment. Comay has options for enabling/disabling RAISE and varying levels of overprovisioning. Options that are more expansive include conformal coating, BGA underfill, military secure erase capability and TCG OPAL compliance.
LSI SandForce controllers have numerous built-in optimizations that make them great building blocks for enterprise SSDs. RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) provides parity data that will allow for the reconstruction of data in the event of lost sectors, pages or even whole blocks.
DuraWrite provides low write amplification, partially due to compression, and efficient garbage collection. Comay SSDs also have write throttling to ensure that the SSD will live to the warranty term of three years, but in typical Comay fashion, users can order their SSDs with this feature disabled.
The Pluto SC3 comes in three capacities of 225GB, 335GB and 450GB. Pricing can fluctuate, but with volume discounts (up to 16% discount with incremental increases of 2% per unit ordered), this SSD currently retails for roughly $1.85 per GB. This places the Pluto SC3 into a tier above that of the value SSDs (typically below $1.50 a GB) and full featured mainstream SSDs.
It is important when viewing the test results that the Pluto SC3 has a lower price structure than our other featured SSDs in this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market