Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $149.99 the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II sits right in the middle of the mid $100 price bracket. With a free copy of the new BioShock Infinite also included in the bundle, the value of this video card really does increase by a decent margin, in my opinion.
This compares to the ASUS version of the GTX 650 TI Boost which comes in at $174.99 and doesn't carry a full version game. We know that at times the GTX 650 Ti Boost is faster, but at times it's also slightly slower, and quite often we see performance that is similar between both models.
I think what really stands out for AMD at the moment is the inclusion of BioShock Infinite. We've always been a little skeptical on the inclusion of games in bundles because most the time they're crap, to be honest. But here we're talking about a game that has a Metacritic rating of 95 with 57 positive critic reviews and zero mixed and negative reviews.
The inclusion of such an attractive game has to come into play here and the $59.99 value of it needs to be taken into consideration as well when looking at the overall $149.99 price tag of the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II.
As for the performance of the model itself, it comes in just as expected. Compared to the overclocked Sapphire offering, the overclock brings with it about a 10% increase in performance, under most tests. The performance of the cooler is pretty strong as well with it sitting towards the middle of the pack under both noise and temperature tests.
ASUS has put together a solid HD 7790 with the addition of a black PCB that makes the card look really great. Throw in the copy of BioShock Infinite, with the $149.99 price tag, and you've got yourself a really strong product that hits at an excellent price point, and is well worth your consideration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit