Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $149.99 the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II sits right in the middle of the mid $100 price bracket. With a free copy of the new BioShock Infinite also included in the bundle, the value of this video card really does increase by a decent margin, in my opinion.
This compares to the ASUS version of the GTX 650 TI Boost which comes in at $174.99 and doesn't carry a full version game. We know that at times the GTX 650 Ti Boost is faster, but at times it's also slightly slower, and quite often we see performance that is similar between both models.
I think what really stands out for AMD at the moment is the inclusion of BioShock Infinite. We've always been a little skeptical on the inclusion of games in bundles because most the time they're crap, to be honest. But here we're talking about a game that has a Metacritic rating of 95 with 57 positive critic reviews and zero mixed and negative reviews.
The inclusion of such an attractive game has to come into play here and the $59.99 value of it needs to be taken into consideration as well when looking at the overall $149.99 price tag of the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II.
As for the performance of the model itself, it comes in just as expected. Compared to the overclocked Sapphire offering, the overclock brings with it about a 10% increase in performance, under most tests. The performance of the cooler is pretty strong as well with it sitting towards the middle of the pack under both noise and temperature tests.
ASUS has put together a solid HD 7790 with the addition of a black PCB that makes the card look really great. Throw in the copy of BioShock Infinite, with the $149.99 price tag, and you've got yourself a really strong product that hits at an excellent price point, and is well worth your consideration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz