HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Sequential read performance with compressible data has always been a strong card for SandForce based drives and the ADATA SX900 doesn't break with tradition. We scored an average of 415MB/s with the maximum and minimum speeds very close to the average result.
The write performance is where we noticed issues with the OCZ Vertex 3.20, another SandForce based drive using Intel 20nm flash. At Computex last year we tested early 19nm Toggle and early 20nm IMFT flash and found that 19nm Toggle was much faster across the board. IMFT brought their flash to market several months after Toshiba, but they closed the gap and these two competing technologies are now truly competitive.
The SX900's new firmware, 5.0.7a, looks like it increases performance quite a bit over the initial firmware release for Vertex 3.20.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
The write performance decreases quite a bit after our random tests in HD Tune Pro. Here we see HD Tach run right after several random data tests and the 128KB sequential write speed is down to 286MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ADATA SX900 128GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony is making a Twisted Metal TV show
- PS4 will be supported into 2022, to live alongside PS5
- PlayStation now rules Sony's entertainment business
- PlayStation's new service plan is smart and future-proof
- George R. R. Martin, From Software team up for Norse RPG
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!
- Plugable USB-C Cube Docking Station Review
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- Autotalks Accelerates C-V2X Readiness Following Interoperability Testing and Successful Bench Tests
- Audio-Based Action Adventure Game The Vale Brings Triple-A Quality Narrative to the Visually Impaired and Sighted Gaming Communities
- Fury Survivor: Pixel Z Announces Massive Pre-Registration Success Before June 5th Launch
- NetDragon Celebrates 20th Anniversary, Innovation & Technology Driving Strategy Upgrades
- Nokia President and CEO Rajeev Suri comments on the 5G market at Annual General Meeting