Water has proven to be a much better way of cooling down a lot of heat generating devices for quite some time. After all, I don't see them cooling a Nuclear reactor with a big heatsink and fan. Computers, while not quite a nuclear reactor in the heat they generate, are certainly getting a lot hotter than we once had them. Gone are the days of the old 386 which in most cases didn't need a heatsink, and if it did, it was a passive unit. Now we have large heatsinks and high speed fans. While this is an option, the noise factor does play a huge part in it, and not everyone wants their system to sound like an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.
Koolance has done a great job in creating a cooling system than can be installed to anyone's PC. The installation process was quite painless and straight forward from the instructions. The filling was a bit of a pain due to the location of the bung plug, however, once done it doesn't have to be touched for around 6-8 months, depending on how hot you run your water.
In all, Koolance has done a very good job on the unit, the only problem is a slightly high price to cool your system, but if you want this kind of performance, you will have to shell out the dosh!
Performs better than air cooled systems
Complete with all you will need to start
Easy to read and follow instructions
Very noisy in full power mode
Location of the fill plug was quite annoying if you have to keep bleeding system
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Koolance EXOS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 3 [Features]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 5 [Testing - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 6 [Testing - 3DMark03]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019